Careers at Espresa
Be apart of the revolution!
Espresa is an exciting startup revolutionizing the way companies provide workplace programs with the world’s first employee programs automation platform. We are headquartered in Palo Alto, CA.
Now Hiring! Jr. Copywriter + Social Media Evangelist
This position is located in Espresa’s Palo Alto, California Headquarters
YOUR (MAD) SKILLS
- You speak the language of engaging social media on all platforms and have a social presence yourself!
- You have the ability to think creatively and translate ideas into inspired content
- You have experience in writing strong, succinct copy that is grammatically correct
- You are an expert at Canva or other design tools and naturally have a design eye
- You take a flexible approach and have a willingness to adapt ideas to the needs of your internal and external stakeholders
- You meet and exceed deadlines and thrive in pressure cooker environments
- You are a killer at communicating and have great organizational skills
- You’ve got an eye for detail, creative, and a desire for perfection (even with its flaws)
- You have a passion for creating beautiful collateral and content and the willingness to learn from team members and stakeholders
- You want to grow and what you lack in experience, you make up for with infectious enthusiasm!
YOU AT YOUR CORE
- Can take complex ideas and simplify them into engaging content, both visually and with the written word
- Write practically perfect, pleasing copy that will engage the reader, whether it’s a headline, a 140-character tweet, or a one-page collateral piece
- Love receiving feedback and using it to grow and improve as a person
- Are collaborative and love to work with your team to devise creative strategies, yet are independent and can work without having someone looming over you (no micromanagers, here)
- Are adept at being consistent and on brand
- Produce creative ideas for innovative campaigns and execute on them
- You can see stories in data which helps inform your decisions
- Fearless and unintimidated in expressing your ideas
- Are an incredibly strong editor, in fact, you have been looking for ways to improve this job description… bonus points if you do!
WHAT YOU BRING
- 1-3 years of experience writing the editorial, social, and business copy
- Understanding of how to write and create visual assets for SEO
- Experience publishing to WordPress
- Experience in scheduling social media posts with services such as Hootsuite, Buffer, Agorapulse, and the like
- SUPER MEGA BONUS POINTS if you have experience with HubSpot!
- Strong interest in the human capital management and HR space, startups, and of course, adventures and experiences!
- BA/BS in marketing, social media, a balance of work and education, or a strong resume of experience in lieu of degree
YOU’RE AWESOME – SO, SHOW US WHAT YOU’VE GOT
- Send a cover letter that provides:
- What makes you a great candidate and why you would make the ideal person to add to our small and growing team!
- Why you think Espresa is a great place for you to land and produce
- A 140-character description of you in a nutshell
- Your proudest achievement to date (doesn’t have to be work related)
- Your resume, portfolio of work, and social media profiles – it’s okay if you deleted Facebook, we get it. We’ll need you to get back on it, but you can hide.
Please send your resume and a cover letter on why you are our ideal fit to email@example.com
- Espresa offers a comprehensive benefits package that is competitive with Bay Area employers
ESPRESA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Don’t see a position that matches your talents?
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll let you know if a position becomes available that matches your qualification.